POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Complementary colours : Re: Complementary colours Server Time
18 Apr 2024 12:05:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complementary colours
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 30 May 2021 21:06:39
Message: <60b4369f$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/30/2021 9:01 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Until you get into the really wild stuff of which 432 vs 440 is probably only
> the tip of the iceberg. . .
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3EAPDn-Ug
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjR0WpWwLrE
>
> For a flying pirouette into the deep end, clutch your energy crystals and
> search: Rosslyn Chapel and you'll land firmly into Giza, Angkor Wat, Hypogeum
> territory.
>

> Meanwhile, decades later, millions are still endlessly amused by "more cowbell!"

When I was heavily into POV, I would see things in terms of shapes and
colors. Like, "That's a red pyramidal idea!" or "That's so blue cube!"
Now that I read and write more, I see things in terms of black print on
white paper; letters and sentences, and words rearranging themselves to
fit correct grammar. A musician might hear tones and see notes all the
time. A carpenter, linear forces (such as a hammer hitting a nail) and
simple geometry. Someone who watches movies a lot might think in terms
of two-dimensionally projected images. Likewise, people of the New Age
persuasion have their own language in which they view the world. (And,
no, language does not just exist in the mouth or written/printed word.)

Mike