POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.4 : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 May 2021 02:54:36
Message: <60b336ac$1@news.povray.org>
OK. This is a /cleanup/ version of the granite macro, and associated
DakotaRedGranite.inc file.

The following things need to be addressed (in no particular order):

- A comprehensive demo scene file
- A comprehensive documentation
- An investigation/implementation of Real World dimensions (should have
started with that, but you know of it goes...)
- Additional xxxGranite.inc files to be fed to the macro

Concerning that last point, and with the knowledge that the granite
/industry/ names /granite/ everything that is hard, grainy, pretty when
polished, I have started to wonder if /all/ the granite codes provided
originally by Daniel Mecklenburg (an employee of said industry) /are/
really granites. There is little doubt imp, about Canadian Pink and
North American Pink; Southern Gray and Medium Gray also seem to be
genuine, but I need more info. However, I start to seriously scratch my
head with the /black/ granites: Impala and India Black; and what to
think of St. Andre Green? I think those are not granites at all but
something else, gabbros, gneisses, I don't know what. Again, I need more
info. What I want to say by all this, is that those rocks potentially
may need a different approach in comparison to the granites proper.

This is as far as I have presently got in my quest for the Granite
Grail, today, Anno Domini 2021, on the 30th day of the month of May.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dakotaredgranite.inc.txt' (3 KB) Download 'granite_21_beta_1.5.mcr.txt' (21 KB)