POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Complementary colours : Re: Complementary colours Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complementary colours
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 28 May 2021 17:16:46
Message: <60b15dbe$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/28/2021 5:06 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 5/28/2021 5:04 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:> I'm not sure why this is >
> the case, and why the RYB color wheel "looks nice" (at least in Western
>  > art).
> I have not seen a good explanation of this in my research.
>

> Mike

An analog might be the major scale in music. The seven notes A to G are
not equidistant across an octave, yet they "sound nicer" (at least to
Westerners) so they are given greater weight/bias than the other five
tones. Dunno if it ultimately makes the life of someone learning music
for the first time easier or harder, though.

Mike