POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Complementary colours : Re: Complementary colours Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:37:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complementary colours
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 May 2021 02:01:13
Message: <60b08729$1@news.povray.org>
Op 27/05/2021 om 19:29 schreef Mike Horvath:
>> Want to play with complementary colours? in rgb or srgb mode? Try
>> this. Nothing special, just messing around for a change, away from
>> granites...
>>

> This gets complicated.
>
> Are you just selecting complementary hues? Are you keeping saturation
> and lightness the same?
>
> What if you select complementary saturations and lightnesses as well?
>
> What about Munsell system or CIELab? You are going to get different
> values in those systems as well.

You are certainly right :-) However, I just wanted to keep it simple
while working on a scene, and get a colour complementary to another
there, without all the complications I know nothing about anyway. You
know, "I have this colour, what is its quick-and-dirty complement". That
kind of thing. As I said, nothing special, just handy to have at hand
while doing other things.

--
Thomas