POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just saying hi : Re: Just saying hi Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just saying hi
From: Chris Cason
Date: 25 May 2021 08:57:08
Message: <60acf424$1@news.povray.org>
I'll just pop a mention in this thread about how I manage my time WRT
the project and server. This is because I also have to keep my head out
of the day-to-day messaging and discussions.

Some of you may have noticed that for some topics I can start
contributing very early in the thread. This possibly leads to an
impression that I scan the forums daily and read all messages.

While I do from time to time read full discussion threads (sometimes
well after they have ended), I do not check the server regularly at all.
Instead I have an NNTP to Mailing List service running on povray.org
which gates messages from a small selection of groups onto the list, and
then through to me. If the topic of an email looks interesting I'll read
more and/or drop into the forum.

Disclaimer: I know I could do similar with RSS, but this works for me. I
even installed an RSS app on my iPad to see what it felt like to read
that way but haven't kept using it. (On the plus side, when I was
testing this I found a number of places I could improve the RSS generation).

Just an FYI anyhow. I'm here, but I'm sort of not here, if you know what
I mean.

-- Chris