POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.2 : Re: Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.2 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 May 2021 09:01:55
Message: <60aba3c3$1@news.povray.org>
For your consideration, concerning sslt:

(1) It looks like that when using the layered texture mode, i.e. with
veins through the granite, sslt should *only* be switched on in the
/lower/ layer and *not* in the top layer. Just comment it out there.

(2) Scaling of the granite material is related to the /original/ size of
the object. In my system, I scale the bunny 10x /before/ applying the
granite material. Consequently, I use the optional M_scale = 0.10; or
close to that value in the macro.

--
Thomas