POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Running pov 3.1 on windows 10 : Re: Running pov 3.1 on windows 10 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:06:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running pov 3.1 on windows 10
From: Alain Martel
Date: 18 May 2021 19:09:18
Message: <60a4491e$1@news.povray.org>

> srh <the### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> I have pov 3.6 and 3.7 running on windows 10.  I tried installing pov 3.1, but it
will not render - it just becomes
> unresponsive.  Is 3.1 just not compatible with windows 10 or is there some setting
that needs adjusting?  Any info on
> this will be appreciated.

You should try the compatibility settings.
Have a shortcut to your 3.1 executable.

There, you can try the automatic compatibility resolution. That's the
big button near the top.

Under Windows 10, 64 bits, the list is : Windows Vista, Vista SP1, Vista
SP2, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
If you have Windows 10, 32 bits, it should also include Windows XP and
maybe Windows 2000.