POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1 : Re: Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.1 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dakota Red Granite macro - beta #1.1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 May 2021 02:00:07
Message: <60a20667@news.povray.org>
Op 16/05/2021 om 16:07 schreef Bald Eagle:
> This is looking great  :)

<grin> You reminded me of the Stanford objects. I shall need to dig them
up again from the dust. They are good test objects indeed.

> I am thinking that we could consolidate the color_map code by using a macro, so
> you can select which macro to run, rather than which full color map to parse.
>
> In that line of thinking, we could also perhaps make the color map itself a lot
> smaller using and array and a loop.

Possibly. I saw your suggestion later in this thread and shall put it
through the mill.

> Looking through the extensive amount of code you've written (wow, impressive  :O
> )

It grows all by itself...

> I'm thinking that my suggestion for
> #local not_0 = 1/256;
> was close, but that would not give a pure black.  Maybe 1/257 to give a pure
> black monitor color but still not 0;

I think it is a trivial difference. As Alain said, no real black in
nature, and the black pigments here represent micas, which are far from
pitch black anyway.

> I think it will take some time and more experimentation to see what sorts of
> things we can make - and break  :D

Oh, I am sure it will ;-)

--
Thomas