POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to locate/light this airplane skeleton? : Re: How to locate/light this airplane skeleton? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to locate/light this airplane skeleton?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2021 02:27:17
Message: <6098d245$1@news.povray.org>
Op 10/05/2021 om 05:01 schreef coltson:
> Hello. I got the code to render the skeleton of an airplane. However, its only
> the airplane's skeleton code, no "scene" code is there, so I cannot send povray
> ro render it and see the results. So I used the menu and inserted two default
> point light (changed one of them a bit) and "A typical camera".
>
> However, the end result is nearly black, and nothing from the skeleton can be
> seen:

All elements to complete a scene are not present (sky, ground plane) and
make seeing the plane more difficult. I would suggest the next 6 steps:

1- create a new scene

2- on the top toolbar, click on: "Insert" and then on: "Ready made scenes"

3- click for instance on: "Basic scene 02 - Desert with blue sky"

4- Insert the code of the plane at the end of the scene:
  #local R1  = 2.00;  // radius of the body outside Radius
  #local R2  = 1.25;  // radius nose top y          Radius_Nose_TopY
  #local R3  = 4.00;  // length nose                Length_Nose
  #local R4  = 2.50;  // length forehead part       Length_Forehead
  #local R5  = 9.50;  // length of tail part        Length_Tail

  #macro Body(Radius, Radius_Nose_TopY, Length_Nose, Length_Forehead,
               Length_Tail)
  union{
  intersection{                                 //  nose lower part (1)
    sphere { <0,0,0>,1  scale <Length_Nose, Radius, Radius>}
    box    { <0,-1,-1>,<1,0,1> scale <Length_Nose, Radius, Radius>}
    }// -------------- end of intersection

  intersection{                             // nose - forehead part (2)
    sphere { <0,0,0>,1  scale < Length_Forehead, Radius, Radius>}
    box    { <0,0,-1>,<1,1,1>  scale < Length_Forehead, Radius, Radius>}

    }// -------------- end of intersection
  intersection{                            // nose front upper part (3)
    sphere { <0,0,0>,1  scale <Length_Nose, Radius_Nose_TopY, Radius>}
    box    { <0,0,-1>,<1,1,1> scale <Length_Nose, Radius, Radius>}
    }// -------------- end of intersection

  intersection {                        // the tail of the airplane (4)
    sphere { <0,0,0>,1    scale < Length_Tail, Radius, Radius> }
    box    { <-1,-1,-1>,<0,1,1> scale < Length_Tail, Radius, Radius>}
    }// -------------- end of intersection
  }// end of union
  #end // ---------------------------------- end of macro "Body( ... )"

  object { Body(R1, R2, R3, R4, R5)
           texture {
                   pigment {
                           color_map {      // color map
                                   [0.1 color red 1]
                                   [0.5 color rgbf 1]
                           }
                   }
                   finish {diffuse 0.9 phong 1}
           }
  }

5- you may need either to scale, rotate, and/or translate the plane
object itself, and/or

6- translate the camera backwards along the z-axis, to be able to see
the whole plane.

--
Thomas