POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0 : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:56:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 May 2021 17:56:45
Message: <608dce9d$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/1/21 4:09 PM, jr wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>>> On 4/28/21 12:27 PM, jr wrote:
>>> Then try the make (the compiles) again?
>>
>> worked a treat, install tonight. ...
>
> have trouble due to one of the includes.  scene + output attached; 'logo.inc' is
> symlinked into povr's include dir.
>

> regards, jr.

Thanks!

First, in include/shapes.inc - before installing in a directory, try
adding an include to transforms.inc just below the include for
functions.inc so the includes at top look like:

#include "functions.inc"  // <-- Dependency on povr's f_supertorus()
#include "transforms.inc" // <-- Several transform macros are used

In my cut down set of core includes, I tried to have only the necessary
includes to save on parsing time and core maintenance. I've gotten it
wrong(1).

---
(1) - I had it in my head if I had tests including each of the shipped
includes, I'd pick up any dependencies, but you have to actually call
each macro and I don't yet, which means probably other include and macro
issues are lurking. :-(  More include macro self testing required I
guess!

Bill P.