POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:46:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Apr 2021 08:25:08
Message: <608bf724@news.povray.org>
Op 29-4-2021 om 19:21 schreef Mr:
> I am embarrassed to say that I can't see anything from that far. With respect to
> that 10cm grid measures, I feel like you are no longer representing the same
> rock? Did you work on it like that or with a closer camera? I do feel like
> nothing is wrong with what little I see, though ! I have faith in you ! :-)

The 'problem' with changing patterns or pattern modifiers, is that
scales get changed too. In a sense, you are right: it is not the same
rock indeed and you need to readjust your frame of reference. Don't let
it fool you: that 10cm grid does not represent anything real; I have
always bee troubled by those quasi-real measurements (I am going to take
out those cm-values and replace them by Martian Claw Units). My believe
is that size/dimensions in POV-Ray are dimensionless as it were and only
meaningful in relation to recognisable objects.

I attach a version with the material scaled by two. Still looking good,
imo, and much better than the cells pattern.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dakotagrains_sn_test3.jpg' (91 KB)

Preview of image 'dakotagrains_sn_test3.jpg'
dakotagrains_sn_test3.jpg