POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need a script to randomly scatter objects vertically : Re: Need a script to randomly scatter objects vertically Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:52:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a script to randomly scatter objects vertically
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Apr 2021 02:46:42
Message: <60811bd2$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21/04/2021 om 20:07 schreef Norbert Kern:
> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I have some mesh based terrain model. I would like to drop trees
>> vertically on to it based on some rules:
>>
>> 1. the trees should not overlap with each other
>> 2. the tree density should depend on the (configurable) slope of the ground
>> 3. trees are circular so the only important data is the radius of the tree
>> 4. the script needs to output the generated coordinates to a text file
>>
>> Can someone help me write such a script? Thanks!
>>

>> Michael
>

> I know that Thomas made some very nice macros public in this thread, but I want
> to point to an old macro made by JRG (Jonathan Rafael Ghiglia) back in 2001 -
> his "clutter macro". Since I wasn't able to find the link on this server I
> include the macro here.

I had all but forgotten about this macro! Thanks for the reminder
indeed. Hight time to try it again.

> With some modifications every point of your list is doable - perhaps I'm able to
> do it in the next days. Especially interesting is your first point - but I
> haven't looked into Thomas macro regarding it - perhaps this problem is already
> solved...

Not really.

(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/message/%3C432414bf%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C432414bf%40news.povray

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cdg0ifb%242oi%241%40chho.imagico.de%3E/
> for the thread).

vegmanythings! Of course! Another of those macros I have and then,
somehow, forget about because I follow my own routine. :-/

> Stay healthy

Thanks. Up to now, successfully...

--
Thomas