POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Music Video Project : Re: Music Video Project Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:37:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music Video Project
From: m@b
Date: 11 Apr 2021 02:54:21
Message: <60729d1d$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/04/2021 10:22 am, Dave Blandston wrote:
> "m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
>> I use Audacity to find the start time of each phrase in the song, I then
>> put these times in a spreadsheet to get the clock values and frame
>> numbers for POV-Ray .
>> See screen shots.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> m@
>
> That's almost exactly what I'm planning to do (minus the spreadsheet) but I
> think it will be painstaking. How has this method worked out for you? I have
> written a POV-Ray macro that will keep track of the number of frames and elapsed
> time so that will help a little. Choosing a song that's over eight minutes long
> might not have been the best idea for me...
>
> Have a great day!

I don't find it takes too much time, admittedly I chose shorter and much
  slower songs than you are planning.

If there is a constant beat throughout the song you can set up a
variable direct from clock which can be used to animate all sorts of things.

See:
<https://www.tiktok.com/@matthew.bradwell/video/6944909548163484930>
and
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djJGXZB6yRE>

Best,
m@

p.s. I just watched the song - there is a lot going on there!