POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Running pov 3.1 on windows 10 : Re: Running pov 3.1 on windows 10 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:07:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running pov 3.1 on windows 10
From: Chris Cason
Date: 20 Mar 2021 18:42:37
Message: <60567a5d@news.povray.org>
On 21/03/2021 03:07, srh wrote:
> I tried compatibility mode already (good suggestion, tho) and that did not work..as
to why, I have some other programs that work with povray...but only the older
versions....thanks for your response.

Are you trying to run the windows version of 3.1? If so, try the DOS
version instead (however note that as far as I am aware this will not
work in 64-bit versions of windows 10).

If you really absolutely need version 3.1 and later versions won't work
even with an appropriate #version 3.1 directive added to their output
files then you may have to set up a virtual machine with windows 95 or
something and run it in there. It might even be worth booting a live
linux ISO and seeing if the Linux 3.1 console version works.

If all else fails you could try building a new console exe from the source.

-- Chris