POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : More Detail not rendering : Re: More Detail not rendering Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Detail not rendering
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 4 Mar 2021 13:08:29
Message: <6041221d$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/4/2021 6:32 AM, zebulon 1er wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In Firefox (86.0 (64 bits)) I notice the same display bug.
>
> Maybe the answer is in the html source...
>
> lib.povray.org detail pages begin with
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>
> only, instead of
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
>
> in all other povray.org pages.
>
> So, I tried by changing this 1st line, in a new local saved file. Then I opened
> it in Firefox, and it works. The HTML page is displayed correctly.
>
> Now, you know what to do :)

That's not it.  Browsers, Firefox in particular, are very generous in
what they accept.  I believe if you save that file with the original
html5 DOCTYPE, it would render just as fine.

The issue is the apache server config, which needs:

AddType text/html .html

to set the output content-type to

instead of

--
dik
Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)