POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flexible lamp neck : Re: Flexible lamp neck Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:46:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flexible lamp neck
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 21 Feb 2021 13:54:02
Message: <6032ac4a$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-02-21 1:08 AM (-4), Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On 2021-02-20 7:24 PM (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
>

>> thin layer of
>> kaolin powder coated onto the inside.
>
> This was a v3.7 render, so I used a layered texture in lieu of

> just go straight for the finish-level Fresnel, but you have me wondering

> lookalike), it looks like there's some SSLT going on there, but I wasn't

> than the finish-level Fresnel?

This is a simplified version of the bulb texture.  Of course, the
production texture will have emission and allow for colored glass.

There are subtle differences between POV-Ray versions.  Note the wimpy
highlight on the left edge of the v3.5 sphere.  This is likely due to AA
pre-clipping.

The value of sotd_c_Ambient is, of course, zero for this radiosity render.

----------[BEGIN CODE EXCERPT]-----------
   material
   { #if (version < 3.8)
       #declare s_Annot = "Layered texture"
       texture
       { pigment { rgb 1 }
         finish
         { diffuse 0.75
           ambient 0.75 * sotd_c_Ambient
         }
       }
       texture
       { pigment { rgbf 1 }
         finish
         { reflection { 0 1 fresnel } conserve_energy
           specular 6.67
           roughness 0.001
         }
       }
     #else
       #declare s_Annot = "Finish-level Fresnel"
       texture
       { pigment { rgb 1 }
         finish
         { fresnel 1
           reflection { 0 1 } conserve_energy
           specular albedo 1
           roughness 0.001
           diffuse 0.75
           ambient 0.75 * sotd_c_Ambient
         }
       }
     #end
     interior { ior 1.523 }
   }
-----------[END CODE EXCERPT]------------

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'frosted_glass_versions-pbi.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'frosted_glass_versions-pbi.jpg'
frosted_glass_versions-pbi.jpg