POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Speeding up media : Re: Speeding up media Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding up media
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Feb 2021 02:35:12
Message: <60278130@news.povray.org>
Op 12/02/2021 om 12:03 schreef Ash Holsenback:
> already there: about 2/3 of the way down...
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Sampling_Parameters_%26_Methods

Aaah! The offending chapter! ;-)

To tell the truth, this whole chapter is one mix of confusion. At no
point it becomes clear if we are reading about method 3, method 1, or
method 2, as the text jumps from one item to another and back (maybe I
am exagerating, but hardly so, and for non-native speakers a total
bewilderment).

I would suggest to subdivide the chapter into clearly defined paragraphs
with the following headers, /after the first 'note'/:

*- Method 3*
[following, a short exposition on how to use method 3 (default); the
(exclusive) use of intervals 1 (default); the use of (single) samples,
(default 10); etc]

*- Method 1*
[following, a short exposition of the legacy use of method 1]

*-Method 2*
[following, a short exposition of the legacy use of method 2]

That way, imho, new users and even experienced ones, will understand
what it is all about. The recent discussion shows how confusing things
sometimes appear to be...

--
Thomas