POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane Server Time
16 Apr 2024 19:52:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Feb 2021 07:56:04
Message: <601beee4@news.povray.org>
On 2/4/21 3:06 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Finally, after about four months.
>
> The scene is inspired by late nineteenth century paintings of the Late
> Romantic school and Genre pieces.
>
> This is about the first scene were I made /really/ use of pigment
> patterns (road, thatched roofs, dirt on walls) and the Displacement tool
> in Poseray (thatched roofs). Those will be tools I shall come back too
> frequently.

Excellent! I very much like the feel of it.

I hope it's OK that I've borrowed your image to test an idea? Namely,
using the extended AA jitter capabilities of the povr branch for a bloom
post process feature.

It's something like what Sam Benge was playing with 6 or 7 years back -
except less "luminous" oriented. The aim is a filter to take the edge
off rendered images; Something which makes the result look less
rendered/perfect/clean.

Attached a result. I expect it can be better tuned, but I'm happy that
it looks workable on the first attempt. It is not cheap as post process
features go. Twenty minutes or so on my two core i3(1). As currently
implemented it's a two stage, nine render total process. All POV-Ray
(povr).

Bill P.

(1) The sampling could be done against the original scene - but that's
more expensive. However, it would be an approach more true at the edges
of the image.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bigjitterbloompost.jpg' (195 KB)

Preview of image 'bigjitterbloompost.jpg'
bigjitterbloompost.jpg