POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 29 Jan 2021 07:30:05
Message: <6013ffcd$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

jr writes:
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>> I can't use clock variable, in the case of my rendering. Here it is...

>> The rendered image is the yellow camera, in up-right corner. Every
>> 2000 POV-Ray scripts are different. The 2000 POV-Ray scripts are
>> generated reading a data file, containing series of float numbers.
>
> you don't give (m)any details about how your code is structured, so my
comments
> are .. a shot in the dark.  :-)
>
> if your 2000 "scripts" are simply the changing data, and you '#include'
 those
> from a scene, then serially numbered data filenames corresponding to
> 'frame_number' and constructing the file name at runtime would allow yo
u to run
> a single "animation".
>
> if you have to extract each data set one at a time, using a shell scrip
t in
> conjunction with the '{pre,post}_frame_command's in the ini file might
do the
> trick, again, you'd only run one animation.  hth.
>
> regards, jr.

The rendering of POV-Ray synthesis images are done in "real-time". It
depends on past data, and future parameters are unknown. I have a
POV-Ray script from which I substitute series of float numbers, that
produces 2000 different scenes, one after the other.

I can't launch POV-Ray one time, to produce 2000 images. I must launch
it 2000 times, to render 2000 images. The issue is that Macports
POV-Ray binary, changes the menu bar, and displays an icon in the dock.

The question is how to configure POV-Ray with the command-line, so that
it is quiet ? I think I'll have to build POV-Ray binary myself, from
Unix/Linux sources using `./configure; make; make install` it's simple !

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>