POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 29 Jan 2021 04:22:13
Message: <6013d3c5$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/28/21 4:10 PM, Francois LE COAT wrote:
> Hi,

> If I launch "%povray --preview text pacman.ini" in command line I have :
> "
> povray: cannot open the user configuration file
> /Users/admin/.povray/3.7/povray.conf: No such file or directory
>
> Problem with option setting
> povray --preview text pacman.ini
> Failed to parse command-line option
> "
> That doesn't work. Do you have an advice ?

Hi,
My last two ideas. First, the sort of advice jr gives me. Have you tried
just:

povray --help

at a command line? I don't hold out much hope, but maybe it would kick
out any extra command line flags that are supported. It's what the
straight unix/linux compile does.

And second, an idea more complicated. With X11 at least there is a null
display utility usually used for testing. I can't remember the name...
Ah, it's xvfb. I've never used it myself only hearing someone else
mention it long ago. Looks like it can be installed on Ubuntu 20.04, but
no idea if you have anything similar on macOS?

Aside: I think that configuration file message is another issue and not
critical.

Bill P.