POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "The Expanse" Fanart, WIP - Ship passing a ring gate into the ring space : Re: "The Expanse" Fanart, WIP - Ship passing a ring gateintotheringspace Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:56:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "The Expanse" Fanart, WIP - Ship passing a ring gateintotheringspace
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jan 2021 02:45:02
Message: <60126b7e$1@news.povray.org>

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/expanse/images/f/f2/S04e01medina26m07s.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20191219225152

> But I added an extra light source to give the ship more contrast.
> Attached is a new version with only diffuse light from the walls.

Aaaah! Much better! Like in the example, you can vary the diffused light
over ring space (I would suggest a hdri map *) and add a few lights
on/in the ship itself.

* easy to make: just draw an appropriate image map and save it in hdr
format. There are several paint or converting programs that can do that.

--
Thomas