POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "The Expanse" Fanart, WIP - Ship passing a ring gate into the ring space : Re: "The Expanse" Fanart, WIP - Ship passing a ring gate intotheringspace Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "The Expanse" Fanart, WIP - Ship passing a ring gate intotheringspace
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 27 Jan 2021 15:07:43
Message: <6011c80f@news.povray.org>
On 1/27/21 3:37 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Op 27/01/2021 om 00:48 schreef Hj. Malthaner:

>>> This scene shows a ship after passing a ring gate, entering the ring
>>> space.
>>
>> So.... what is the light source in ring space? ;-)
>
> I wondered that too. When I read the books I imagined that area of space
> being dark too. I don't recall there being a glowing nebula.

In the show the "walls" of the ring zone glow in blue and yellow and
illuminate the ships inside.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/expanse/images/f/f2/S04e01medina26m07s.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20191219225152

But I added an extra light source to give the ship more contrast.
Attached is a new version with only diffuse light from the walls.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ring_gate_test_ship_radiosity.jpg' (320 KB)

Preview of image 'ring_gate_test_ship_radiosity.jpg'
ring_gate_test_ship_radiosity.jpg