POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Searching newsgroup : Re: Searching newsgroup Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:58:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching newsgroup
From: Thorsten
Date: 19 Jan 2021 07:08:20
Message: <6006cbb4$1@news.povray.org>
On 19.01.2021 05:01, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Just to be clear, the old messages should still be on the server. You
> can access all of them using the Web interface, AFAIK.

They are also accessible via NNTP. The web interface (which I programmed
almost two decades ago) is just a newsreader and mirrors what the NNTP
server does.

The reload mechanism simply moved the Thunderbird. I looked for it: You
right-click on the group in Thunderbild and then find it in the conext
menu under "Properties" in the tabs "Retention Policy" and
"Synchronization".

Also note that the messages in p.off-topic are in fact deleted after a
few weeks from the server.

Thorsten