POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Searching newsgroup : Re: Searching newsgroup Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching newsgroup
From: Thorsten
Date: 16 Jan 2021 13:26:11
Message: <60032fc3@news.povray.org>
On 15.01.2021 23:44, Mike Horvath wrote:
> It is strange because there is an "Perform search on server" option. I
> guess the option has a different purpose than I believed.

This is an unclear setting in Thunderbird: The server side search is an
(almost) standard feature of IMAP mail servers. The search offers you to
select basically every mailbox and newsgroup you have, but it isn't
disabled when you only select newsgroups. It actually isn't even
disabled if an IMAP server does not offer this feature, or even if you
have only (local) POP3 mailboxes to search.

Thorsten

PS: Sorry for the email! Another insane feature of TB is the reply
button actually sending emails and the user having to use the followup
button. A "feature" added a few versions ago and extremely annoying
because it really isn't appropriate for a newsreader.