POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Not using all CPU : Re: Not using all CPU Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not using all CPU
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jan 2021 02:45:30
Message: <6001481a$1@news.povray.org>
Op 14/01/2021 om 18:13 schreef Alain Martel:
> Leaving the rendering priority to normal and using all logical cores all
> the time and I experience no slowing down for the other processes.
> IF I set the rendering priority to high, then I do need to reserve at
> least one core for other tasks.
>
> The normal priority set the rendering effective priority to «lower than
> normal» while the high priority do set the effective priority to high.

Ah, ok. I still have ingrained habits from older times it seems ;-)

However, I do prefer to set a bit lower number of WT's on my laptop
because of the insane noise of the fans otherwise when rendering complex
scenes. Maybe I should use Duty Cycle instead... It is something I have
not thought about really seriously.

--
Thomas