POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A container freighter in space : Re: A container freighter in space Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:41:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A container freighter in space
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Jan 2021 02:52:53
Message: <5ff41ad5$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.55b0f51428810e2d92c07c610%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=432346
> &toff=750
> The shape is relatively simple but I've used procedural generation to cover it
> with many details and break symmetry to make it more "real". May be you can use
> the same technique on your spaceships ?
>
> Pascal
>

> "Hj. Malthaner" <han### [at] nospamgmxde> wrote:
>> Another element for my very own dream world. A container freighter in
>> space. I still struggle to design real cool spaceships like shown in
>> movies or TV shows at times. I seem to lack some understanding there.
>>
>> --
>> Some of my PovRay works:
>> https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D

I agree with Pascal. You could also search the pov newsgroups for
"greebles" :-)  There has been a lot written about that technique, some
quite  fascinating. Hint: look for Zeger Knaepen.

--
Thomas