POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : adding SDL to ctags : Re: adding SDL to ctags Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: adding SDL to ctags
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Jan 2021 08:25:07
Message: <5ff1c5b3$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3Cweb.5703a674be33e802db8f4ad50%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=427658
> I gave a successful try at building POV v3.8 and HG POV on Android Phones, using
> Termux. (Recipe here: http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Install_POV#Termux )
> Then Found out the most practical solutions to edit the pov files there out of
> the box was VIM, also since Vim touch is available from Fdroid, it makes the
> same editor also available outside of Termux. PLUS it did feature POV syntax
> highlighting, so even tighter integration is awesome news !

Your post reminds me trying jr's patch is still sitting on my todo list!
I'm still getting faster after my conversion to vim, but it's now my
daily editor.

Indeed, the vim support for POV-Ray (3.7) comes by default on most all
unix based systems because it comes with vim itself. POV-Ray (3.7) via
Debian support is there on a good many linux variants too. I installed
v3.7 on my raspberry pi 4 via a usual package install.

Bill P.