POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo : Re: Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:01:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Nov 2020 02:50:52
Message: <5fbf5e5c$1@news.povray.org>
Op 25/11/2020 om 17:45 schreef Alain Martel:
> Le 2020-11-25 à 02:35, Thomas de Groot a écrit :
>> I think it is worthwhile to put Clipka's Voodoo from 2008 under the
>> attention of the users again. :-)
>>
>> It probably should be done at regular, ten years or so, intervals.
>>

> This is a very good explanation about how radiosity worked up to version
> 3.6 and the early beta of version 3.7.
>
> Several of the points mentioned have changed in the later betas and the
> final release version.
>
> The count value is no longer limited to 1600. The nearest_count can now
> take two values. The ambient is always set to zero when radiosity is in
> use. Introduction of the emission in the finish. Introduction of the
> importance object parameter. And several more changes.

I have not followed closely all the changes since the Voodoo. It is
probably worthwhile to get an overview of what has changed; I can then
make update the Voodoo and turn out a new pdf-file.

I find it a big problem that all information is scattered over the years
and the newsgroups. So much is lost and sometimes re-discovered several
times. There is the Documentation of course which represents the basic
foundation of POV-Ray, but the extra info and expertise of individual
users is not or hardly brought together comprehensively. It takes time,
energy, availability, understanding. Not always present together for us
poor users! ;-)

--
Thomas