POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Cloud Shells by Mick Hazelgrove (2004) - made easy : Re: Cloud Shells by Mick Hazelgrove (2004) - made easy Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Shells by Mick Hazelgrove (2004) - made easy
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Nov 2020 02:17:46
Message: <5f9fb29a$1@news.povray.org>
Op 01/11/2020 om 11:25 schreef jr:
> hi,

>> Please find here the cloud shell macro developed by Juha Leppälä and
>> Mick Hazelgrove in 2004, who are hereby sincerely acknowledged. I
>> cleaned up the code (although I do not remember how the original code
>> looked) and added an atmospheric haze shell to complete the set. I also
>> added a couple of comment lines to the media code to help those less
>> familiar with the use of media.
>
> thanks.  great looking demo image.  any chance of you posting a simple demo
> scene?

Oh! Sorry. This scene /is/ also the demo scene. Details at the end of
the file. ;-)

Consider this to be version 1. In the mean time, I have been thinking
about two improvements. (1) scaling differently the clouds should not be
done with the Scale parameter as that will unavoidably change also the
colour of the cloud media. Much better is to do that by scaling the
density, and rotate the shell afterwards for an interesting view. (2) I
am not satisfied with the horizon. I think I know how to solve this but
need a little time. That will be version 2, considering Mick's original
as version 0.

--
Thomas