POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : textures, uv_mapping, and global normals : Re: textures, uv_mapping, and global normals Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: textures, uv_mapping, and global normals
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Sep 2020 03:08:54
Message: <5f6af486$1@news.povray.org>
Op 23/09/2020 om 02:06 schreef Bald Eagle:

> So I'm --- puzzled, and frustrated.
> There must be some tiny little thing that I'm completely overlooking....

I don't know if this can help you or not. I always follow the Poseray
construction where uv_mapping is concerned:

#declare P_image = My_image_diffuse;
#declare F_ = finish {My_settings}
#declare N_image = normal {My_image_normal bump_size My_bumpsize
My_modifiers}

#declare My_material =
material {
   texture {uv_mapping
     pigment {P_image My_modifiers}
     finish {F_}
     normal {N_image My_modifiers}
   }
}

Alternatively, the uv_mapping can be placed at the pigment and/or normal
level. Simple construct, but then I am not familiar with your workflow
in this. Still, I guess that you are right in assuming that it might be
a tiny little thing.

--
Thomas