POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : AndroidRobot 3.0a : Re: AndroidRobot 3.0a Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:41:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AndroidRobot 3.0a
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 15 Sep 2020 15:24:20
Message: <5f6114e4$1@news.povray.org>
On 2015-04-27 3:22 PM (-4), Cousin Ricky wrote:

> I found an SVG version of the logo, which is claimed to have originated
> from a Web page on the Android developer site, although in keeping with
> The Google's typical practice, the page no longer exists.  (I know
> someone on these newsgroups works for The Google.  Tell 'em to stop
> that.)  I ran the coordinates from the SVG source code through a
> spreadsheet so that the new model would have the same size and position
> as Karl's (burning bridges also makes me crazy), but with official
> proportions.

Just when you think you sufficiently documented a past project, or
thought you could get away with not declaring magic numbers...

The new head design issued last year has changed from the previous heads
to the extent that I need to go back to that spreadsheet to
re-proportion the entire robot.  I've reacquainted myself with both the
SVG file and the spreadsheet, added comments <!-- --> to the SVG file,
and created identifiers in androidrobot.inc for most of the magic
numbers that correspond to the spreadsheet numbers.  But I've run into a
strange snag: two of the numbers in the spreadsheet do not show up in
the relevant macro, and the two would-be corresponding numbers in the
macro do not show up in the spreadsheet!

I will have to figure out where my head was 5 years ago, and how those
two macro numbers relate to the spreadsheet.