POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outsmarting a broken Web interface : Outsmarting a broken Web interface Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Outsmarting a broken Web interface
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 9 Sep 2020 20:55:14
Message: <5f597972@news.povray.org>
This post is a test.  It is only a test.

I just changed my Thunderbird character encoding to UTF-8, in the hope
that the Web interface won't overcorrect ISO-8859-1 text and print
things like "Bézier" when it sees "Bézier," and formulas like

   P(t) = (1-t)³*P1 + 3*(1-t)²*t*P2 + 3*(1-t)*t²*P3 + t³*P4

will show correctly, instead of my having to fire up Thunderbird just to
read a message.  Although I prefer a newsreader for posting, the Web
interface is most convenient for reading though the messages.  And maybe
we'll see less "Â Â Â" in replies where there should be just whitespace.