POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Sep 2020 16:21:37
Message: <5f57e7d1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 04:55:43 +1000, Chris Cason wrote:

> It really needs user input. If we could get a cadre of all the above-
> mentioned images rendered with 3.7 (plus a selection of good external
> candidates like HOF images and some newer works), then the same with
> 3.8,
> and have them all put up side-by-side on a website or some other means
> of allowing multiple collaborators to view, rate and/or comment on the
> differences then it would be a large step forward to getting 3.8 out of
> the door.

Building on jr's suggestion, I wonder if the builds are happening with
some sort of CI/CD system, if it might be possible to automate the
montage and include a 'diff' image in it to show areas where the
algorithms differ.  That might make it easier for someone looking at the
results to see what the differences are (and to look past areas that
might look different but are visually identical - because human eyes are
weird sometimes).