POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Set small values to 0. : Re: Set small values to 0. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:32:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Set small values to 0.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 27 Aug 2020 06:45:22
Message: <5f478ec2$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/25/20 11:17 PM, DonF wrote:
> Description of the SPEC test case:
>
>     POV-Ray is a free and open source ray-tracing application. The CPU2017
>     version is based on POV-Ray version 3.7.

Yesterday, I quickly read your answer - thank you. On seeing Thorsten's
post decided not to post myself.

Awaking this morning though, had a question in my head whether the above
statement really true? I doubt you are really running v3.7 - or at least
any official version of v3.7 because your output has the line:

Light Buffer                2057730695      1350487574     65.63

and this support was dropped in v3.7 onward.

When thinking about your issue, I was looking at the v3.8 code base and
those github issues are against v3.7 / v3.8 versions.

FWIW I guess. Thorsten will better know whats going on.

Bill P.