POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : povr render 'optics.pov' : Re: povr render 'optics.pov' Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povr render 'optics.pov'
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 15 Aug 2020 12:35:10
Message: <5f380ebe$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/15/20 11:21 AM, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> an unrelated thread made me render the 'scenes/advanced/optics.pov' file.  with
> 'povr' I get a strange "band" in the lower part of the image.  attached.

Thanks jr (and Jerome)!

I see it too in all my recent povr versions. It was OK in versions early
this year, so something I've done between then and early July.

I'll do a binary search - compile/run through my commits to find the
commit causing the problem. FYI. No photons required to see it.

(jr, If you are looking for a scene with a parabolic mirror I recall
Warp doing one some years ago which he posted. I thought had a copy
somewhere, but I cannot find it at the moment. He might have used a
polynomial for the shape.)

Bill P.