POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : The Bright Star Catalogue : Re: The Bright Star Catalogue Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:36:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Bright Star Catalogue
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 18 Jul 2020 12:12:30
Message: <5f131f6e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2020-07-16 12:36 PM (-4), Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 08/02/2017 à 14:08, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
>
> I currently have a strange interest on constellations, is there a way to
> have them nicely drawn as the sample for Orion ?

A general procedure would not be straightforward.  I chose Orion
specifically because it is on the celestial equator, and would not
require a fancy map projection.  I had not considered map projection
within the scope of the module, as different persons would have
different needs.

> I tried to have a look at the include files, and the sample scene, but
> I'm afraid the data to connect the stars as per the constellation is
> missing and hard coded for orion in the sample.

There is no official set of constellation lines.  It is up to the
imagination of the person drawing the chart.