POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : The Bright Star Catalogue : Re: The Bright Star Catalogue Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Bright Star Catalogue
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Jul 2020 12:36:56
Message: <5f108228$1@news.povray.org>
Le 08/02/2017 à 14:08, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> I have extracted some of the data fields from the Yale Bright Star
> Catalogue and converted them to SDL.  This catalog contains all
> nighttime stars of magnitude 6.5 and brighter (roughly all nighttime
> stars visible to the naked eye), plus a few dimmer ones.  The
> BrightStar5 module includes more data fields than the include file
> Rarius published a while back, including catalog designations and color
> data.  Macros are included for star coloration and Bayer designation
> labels.  You can also seek individual stars by Bayer, Draper, Flamsteed,
> or SAO designations.

Thanks for that, and ulterior versions (1.1.1).

I currently have a strange interest on constellations, is there a way to
have them nicely drawn as the sample for Orion ?

I tried to have a look at the include files, and the sample scene, but
I'm afraid the data to connect the stars as per the constellation is
missing and hard coded for orion in the sample.