POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : A povr tarball for Unix/Linux. : A povr tarball for Unix/Linux. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  A povr tarball for Unix/Linux.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Jul 2020 10:37:30
Message: <5f00942a@news.povray.org>
Please find attached my initial attempt at a Unix/Linux tarball for the
povr branch of POV-Ray.

It will unpack into a directory called povray2 due my own development
naming. Supposing you unpack into /tmp/povray2 , it should be you can cd
into that directory and do something like:

./configure COMPILED_BY="wfp" --prefix=/tmp/povr
make
make check

Optionally:
make install

The install size is 4-5MB. There is a script called povr in the root
directory. After a little editing, it can be used to run the compile 'in
place' or from an 'installed' compile result. Copy povr to your bin
directory or otherwise get it into your $PATH. After which, unix help:
povr --help

There are a couple of scenes in the scenes directory which should run
with 'povr fog.pov', say, once you have the povr script set up. A
reminder povr, often as not, breaks compatibility with existing POV-Ray
scenes.

A work in progress, but it's getting there. At this point I'm mostly
interested in whether others can get through 'make check' OK given the
necessary development libraries are installed local to your machine (see
./unix/README.md).

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray2_f9bc4ef7.tar.gz' (1641 KB)