POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:39:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Thorsten
Date: 2 Jul 2020 08:54:28
Message: <5efdd904@news.povray.org>
On 02.07.2020 11:57, jr wrote:
> basically then, I blame the people at the top, the mysterious POV-TAG
> team, and Messrs Cason and Froehlich, for the .. stagnance (and more).
> proud to have their names in the banner, but not willing (or able) to
> pull their thumbs out of the collective back-orifice.

No, actually, I left the team many years ago. It is just that since I
left, no new major release has happened, hence I am still pretty far at
the top of the list of developers. Chris has also mostly moved on, he
just keeps the website and this server running.

If nobody takes over, this is the way it is ... and yes, I do share your
sense that everything is outdated. But really not my problem, given this
is open source...

Thorsten