POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping Textures on irregular shapes : Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:03:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes
From: Alain Martel
Date: 23 Apr 2020 13:07:11
Message: <5ea1cb3f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2020-04-23 à 02:13, Josh a écrit :
> As a starting point, any advice to create a variety of textures something like
> these?
>
> https://opengameart.org/content/24-bigger-asteroids
> https://opengameart.org/content/432-isometrics-rocks-and-asteroids
>
> Josh

Looking at those and I can tell that most of the effect come from the
geometry itself. The textures themselves looks pretty simple.

You should experiment with plain pigments as well as with the textures
from stones.inc, stones1.inc and stone2.inc as well as those from
textures.inc

When using those, imagine that you are carving your object from a
massive block made from those textures 3D.