POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image ignored in nested (difference > union > object) CSG member : Re: no_image ignored in nested (difference > union > object) CSGmember Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_image ignored in nested (difference > union > object) CSGmember
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 25 Mar 2020 05:52:04
Message: <5e7b29c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/24/20 8:05 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> (1) - With respect to documentation, it might be worth posting a pointer
> to this thread in povray.documentation.inbuilt asking if deeper
> documentation related to the propagation of object qualifiers exists -
> and I've missed it. If not, whether some such documentation should be
> added to the inbuilt documentation. Jim - who currently handles all
> documentation - should at some point see it.

well i'd agree that the noted behavior /appears/ to not be documented...
i did a little more than a cursory search and came up empty. before i
get to it, i have a couple of questions...is this limited to the
no_shadow/image/reflection modifiers? if so a couple of notes and/or a
paragraph should be enough. if it gets more involved than that maybe a
"pitfalls" sub-section below 3.5.1.5