POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Verbose warnings : Re: Verbose warnings Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:59:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Verbose warnings
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Feb 2020 02:29:57
Message: <5e576ff5$1@news.povray.org>
Op 26/02/2020 om 15:07 schreef Mike Horvath:
> By default when there is a warning it does not list the line number and
> file that is triggering the warning. Can something like this be enabled?
>
> Mike

My experience is that, where possible, POV-Ray shows file name and line
number as a warning, e.g. when there is a mis-quote in a name used in an
included file. However, this is not systematic unfortunately and, if I
remember correctly the teachings of Clipka when he was still wandering
among us, this is due to the fact that a warning is not always so
specifically pointed to one single origin but may be diffused over
several areas of the program.

--
Thomas