POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to create steam with lines rather than a fume? : Re: How to create steam with lines rather than a fume? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:56:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to create steam with lines rather than a fume?
From: Alain Martel
Date: 17 Feb 2020 16:08:02
Message: <5e4b00b2$1@news.povray.org>

https://c4.wallpaperflare.com/wallpaper/496/851/672/cup-coffee-steam-hot-wallpaper-preview.jpg

> With the above-mentioned technique, we can only create something like
> https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZDbJCsTGYoA/hqdefault.jpg
>
> Should I look for another approach or the media effects can create realistic
> steam?

Instead of using a sphere as your container, you can use a cylinder and
use a cylindrical pattern in place of the spherical one.

Next, apply some uneven turbulence within a wrap{} container.
You can then apply some uneven scaling, maybe use black_hole elements.