POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 freezes : Re: alpha.10064268 freezes Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 freezes
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Dec 2019 10:17:55
Message: <5de67ca3$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/3/19 8:37 AM, jr wrote:
> hi,

Alright... So, all you did to get the crash/freeze was add a second
pigment { image_map {...}} after the first pigment {} leaving both
un-commented when you run the object collection's most current android
robot scene?

If true, this, I think, amounts to overlapped textures and it's why I
assumed your image_map would have transparency everywhere except the
'decal.' Maybe the lack of any transparency/alpha channel is tangled in
the reason for the crash? That you are sometimes getting stuff to sort
of work puzzles me too.

And apologies I wasn't clear I was interested in v3.70 (stable) over
anything after, though whatever you see with the v3.71 release is
interesting and perhaps useful to know too.

And my brain cells being earlier stirred have since remembered the other
image_map issue had something to do - I think - with adding transparency
via the 'transmit' keyword. Head also popped the question of whether the
fix for Warren's macro issue of this past April made it into the master
branch. I still have my local branch fix, so maybe not? I usually delete
my local fixes once things fixed in master.

Anyway, very likely more than a month before I'd have the time to look
at this in any depth.

Bill P.