POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 freezes : Re: alpha.10064268 freezes Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 freezes
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Dec 2019 07:30:19
Message: <5de6555b$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/3/19 4:53 AM, jr wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> some more information (fwiw).  same error in alpha.9945627.  without the 'once'
> keyword the scene renders (but not useful since the decal repeats).

I've not much hobby time at the moment and what I have is going toward
other stuff. As always, having a small-ish complete scene which shows
the problem would be a help to whomever debugs.

- What happens if you leave 'once' but scale up enough to be sure the
robot is covered by the image_map-once? Don't worry about how it would
look.

- What happens with v3.7? The image_map alpha channel / transparency
handling was re-worked in v3.8 IIRC.

- Have a vague recollection of another image_map alpha channel /
transparency related issue in v3.8 too for which I don't think there was
a resolution. I don't remember details at the moment. If so, we should
find that thread and add a link here to it and visa versa.

Bill P.