POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent background : Re: Transparent background Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent background
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 13 Sep 2019 17:11:52
Message: <5d7c0618$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/13/19 4:17 PM, William wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am a newbie in POV-ray and I am trying to generate a image with transparent
> background.
>
> I used:
> background{colour rgbt <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>}
>
> and I got a black background. Can anybody please provide your support to get a
> black background?
>
> Thanks.
>
> William

Taking you not to be asking exactly what you asked, try:

background { colour rgbt <0,0,0,1> }

Your three values get promoted to 4 and the 't' values becomes 0 - or no
transparency. Remember to use +ua and the default png type output(1).

Bill P.

(1) I think openexr is the other which supports the transparency, but I
don't much use the feature myself so maybe not... Most image formats
don't support it.