POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Martian air/space defense installation : Re: Martian air/space defense installation Server Time
16 Apr 2024 17:45:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian air/space defense installation
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 12 Jun 2019 17:15:07
Message: <5d016b5b$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/12/19 1:42 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> "Hj. Malthaner" <han### [at] nospamgmxde> wrote:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWg1xsw5BCc
>
> Well that's some pretty impressive work!

Thanks!

> There must be a sizable amount of code, and you must have rendered quite a few
> frames  :O

800-some frames. Most of the models I had made for prior projects
already. So the biggest task was to make the cannons aim properly. Once
I had to learn all that math, but meanwhile I had forgotten quite a lot
again ...

I still can't get the math right for predicted fire if the target move
across rather than towards the fortress.

>> The radiosity code could not really make up its mind where to put the
>> light ...
>
> Yeah - I could see that being tricky.
> Have you tried using that rad_def.inc file as a starting point?  Maybe get
> something that's slow but good, and then tweak it.  Because with all the
> radiosity settings, that's gonna be challenging to do from scratch.

I think at one point I tried, but for my scenes which actually use
radiosity I tried to figure out good values on my own. I guess I should
check the include file again. It probably was made with more knowledge
than I have.

But that will have to wait for the next animation project.

I also need to look into video editing and how add a soundtrack to the
animation. So next step will be to find an easy to use and still
powerful video editor for Linux.

--
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D