POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Warmup for a bigger animation project : Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:40:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warmup for a bigger animation project
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 10 May 2019 17:57:54
Message: <5cd5f3e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/19 10:28 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> It's coming along well - I might add some lights or contrasting textures/colors
> to initially draw a bit more attention to the opening doors before the ships
> leave - the first time watching it looked like it was just sitting there doing
> nothing for a while.

Thanks, and yes, this is a problem.

> Alternatively, you could experiment with changing perspectives.
> Keep your intro the same.
> Shift to a closer view a single door.
> Switch back, or zoom out to view the whole ship again.

I like this idea a lot. I've been thinking about it some time today, how
and when to move the camera, when to switch back to the full view and
how to integrate that with the files that I have. It will take a bit
till I have time for a new version of the animation, but I sure will try
your suggestion.

Thanks again :)

--
Some of my PovRay works: