POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photons, in version 3.6 to 3.7 : Re: Photons, in version 3.6 to 3.7 Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:43:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons, in version 3.6 to 3.7
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 May 2019 19:57:52
Message: <5cd36d00$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/19 10:11 AM, Albun wrote:

> Here is the file, no_image is in sphere.

Thanks. I can see that the no_image behavior is different 3.6 to
3.7/3.8. Anyone know if such a change was intentional for some reason?

FYI. I moved the light source to a z of 300 and then rotated -55*x to
get photons on the plane with your camera set up. Otherwise - with the
point light at least - the photons mostly miss the plane off the bottom
of the image. I also took your light intensity down from 12 to 1 to
prevent white out.

Bill P.