POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : View_POV_Include_Stack? : View_POV_Include_Stack? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:06:32 EDT (-0400)
  View_POV_Include_Stack?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 21 Mar 2019 14:54:59
Message: <5c93de03$1@news.povray.org>
In my contributions, it has been my practice to write an "#include" line
automatically to the debug stream.  While I haven't gotten any feedback
over this practice, it is starting to annoy me, the author!  The
messages just add clutter to my #debug output.

Going forward, I plan to use View_POV_Include_Stack such that these
notices are suppressed by default, as is done with the standard include
files.  Several Object Collection modules already do this.  (As this
identifier is defined in a standard include file and referenced by most,
I would not consider the lack of a prefix to be a violation of the
naming standards; and in fact, using the prefix would complicate matters
for a user taking advantage of this practice.)

So my question to myself is, is it worth updating all 13 of my modules
in one shot, or should I just make this change to each module as I
update them over time?  Some of my modules I have no further plans for,
so this would be the only change, aside from some possible minor tweaks.

Does anyone care?